Subject: My new 68060
From: Kier <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 09:37:34 -0500

It has finally arrived! Sitting in the trapdoor slot of my little A1200 
is a brand spanking new Blizzard 1260 card which claims to run at 
(Sysinfo results) 39.25 MIPS, 29.14 MFLOPS (drool!) It cost me 599 pounds 
from Gordon Harwood Computers (UK) and is thoroughly gorgeous, putting my 
A4000/040 to shame.

It comes with a little software patch to put into WBStartup which 
translates the few 68882 instructions which the 060 doesn't utilise, but 
I have found that without running this patch the render time doubles, so 
it is far better to sacrifice a little memory and run the patch.

As a final comment, I am slowly getting used to going for a coffee while 
a scene renders rather than going to bed. mmmm.

				/|\
			      >(0-0)<
/=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*oOO--(^)--OOo*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*///=*\
*      ~~~    KIER DARBY     [email-masked]       ///   *
*    ~  National Centre for Computer Animation, UK  ~   \\\  ///    *
{>-------------------------------------------------------\\XX//----<}
*          If at first you don't succeed, redefine success          *
\=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*==*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*/